Suggested Bequest Language
Formal language we recommend you and your advisors consider including in legal documents is:
“I bequeath to The Board of Trustees of The University of Alabama for use on behalf of The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, the (sum, percentage, property, or residual) for the purpose of creating (name of fund).
This gift shall be used to (see partial list of options below). . .
– Arts and Sciences
– Culverhouse College of Commerce
– Communication and Information Sciences
– Community Health Sciences (Medicine)
– Continuing Studies
– Honors College
– Human Environmental Sciences
– Social Work
– Crimson Tide Foundation
– National Alumni Association
– Student Affairs Division
– University Libraries
– University Museums
- support research in _____ (name field of study) at The University of Alabama.
- provide financial aid for undergraduate students.
- provide financial aid for graduate students in the College (or School) of _______.
- further the objectives and purposes of The University of Alabama.
The _____________ (name of fund) shall be administered under such guidelines as may be determined by the Board of Trustees from time to time and in accordance with any agreements between The University of Alabama and _____________ (name of donor).”
By including The University of Alabama in your will or other estate plan, you qualify for membership in the Denny Society. Click here for more information.
Donors and/or advisors are encouraged to call the Office of Planned Giving toll free at (888) 875-4438 for additional information.