The University of Alabama’s tradition of academic excellence is strengthened through the generous support of corporations and foundations.
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) exists to foster internal and external relationships for UA. We are dedicated to establishing and maintaining long-term relationships with corporations and foundations that result in philanthropic support for the mission and priorities of UA. This includes matching your interest to The University of Alabama’s research, programs, initiatives and talent.
Welcome to the online home of Corporate & Foundation Relations (CFR) at The University of Alabama! I oversee our partnerships and work closely with UA leadership, faculty and staff to identify and pursue opportunities in alignment with our academic and research priorities.
CFR manages the role of maintaining University-wide relationships with corporate and private foundation funders on behalf of UA. Additionally, my team stewards existing partnerships, create new relationships and manages strategic proposal development.
Corporations and foundations are important to the university’s development strategy. In addition to building relationships and responding to RFPs, we also develop compelling cases for support while maintaining funder relationships. I invite you to schedule a meeting with me to learn more, and look forward to hosting you in-person on our beautiful campus soon.
Deidra K. Diaz
Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
205-348-4771 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) bridges the corporate and academic worlds, developing partnerships that align business objectives with The University of Alabama’s strategic initiatives. We help facilitate access to student scholarships, knowledgeable faculty and researchers, high-tech facilities, market-ready technologies, and opportunities for investment in transformational programs. Discover how a deeper relationship with UA supports your company in achieving its business objectives by emailing email@example.com.
We identify partnership opportunities and coordinate them by:
- Matching your business’ strategic goals (or imperatives) with University initiatives
- Identifying robust opportunities for maximizing impact
- Articulating the shared value proposition that collaboration with UA offers
- Facilitating worthwhile and effective interactions between campus leadership and your company representatives
- Maintaining communication about the impact of collaborative goals and the return on investment
Our partnerships are a pipeline for student success, an opportunity to advance faculty and program support, a key method to further your brand, a direct impact toward workforce development initiatives, and an initiative to cultivate a talent pipeline.
Corporate and Foundation Relations (CFR) fosters relationships that unite the intent of philanthropic foundations with the wealth of university expertise and solutions. We help connect collaborations to advance mutual goals that align with the University’s research, teaching and outreach mission. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discover how working with The University of Alabama supports your foundation in facilitating its impactful initiatives.
CFR provides expertise, services and tools for supporting initiatives by:
- Connecting you with expert faculty
- Convening campus conversations around themes of interest
- Working with your staff to ensure your goals are met
- Organizing campus visits
- Engaging University leadership
- Developing proposals and gift agreements
- Facilitating foundation recognition
Faculty & Staff
Supporting faculty by securing funding is a major priority of Corporate and Foundation Relations. We navigate the gift and grant process from identifying prospects, to developing strategic proposals, and stewarding gifts. We do not solicit or seek government funded projects, like those managed by the Office of Sponsored Programs. CFR provides help for a variety of diverse fundable projects, including single-investigator and interdisciplinary multi-investigators. Working with our faculty, including all Academic Deans and Associate Deans of Research, begins with a conversation. Email Deidra at email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
When to contact OSP vs. CFR?
Our Gifts vs. Grants document is available to faculty of The University of Alabama. Contact Deidra Diaz to request the guide.
CFR provides sources for aiding faculty and staff collaboration by:
- Researching potential corporate and foundation funding sources
- Assessing a project’s funding potential and make recommendations on engaging donors
- Maximizing relationships with companies and foundations to fund research and initiatives
- Assisting with development and reviewing letters of inquiry, proposals, and other application materials
- Supplying necessary supporting materials and obtaining institutional signatures
- Coordinating and providing staffing for campus and site visits for current and potential funders
- Circulating funding opportunities and RFPs to appropriate colleges, departments, and units
- Providing fundraising resources
Stories of Impact
Through the Daniel Community Scholars Fund and UA’s Blackburn Institute, UA students see their research proposals come to fruition to improve the lives of people across the state.
More students in Alabama’s Black Belt will have the opportunity to learn about science, technology, engineering and mathematics careers, thanks to a grant from the Alabama Power Foundation that is helping a UA professor to expand a unique outreach program.
Through the Annexstad Family Foundation’s Leaders for Tomorrow National Scholarship Program, University of Alabama students are empowered to pave a path toward success.