The University of Alabama’s tradition of academic excellence is strengthened through the generous support of our students’ parents and families. We are excited to welcome new and existing parents to our donor community each year.
The Parent Philanthropy program is designed to develop meaningful relationships and engagement opportunities over the course of a student’s time at the Capstone and beyond. Our office works with families to identify how their giving priorities align with the University’s needs, creating a sustainable legacy that will impact the institution for generations to come.
From the moment your student is Bama bound, you became an official member of our UA family. The University of Alabama has a rich history, and we are thrilled that you and your family will be a part of our promising future.
As director of parent philanthropy, I am delighted to serve as an on-campus resource and share opportunities for engagement at the Capstone with you. I would be honored to help welcome you to UA and answer any questions you may have as we strive to enhance your student’s experience.
Director of Parent Philanthropy
205-348-0781 | email@example.com
The Giving Arch
You can optimize your philanthropy at The University of Alabama by structuring the size and complexity of your contribution each year in relation to your student’s experience. Our team would like to work with you to create a giving strategy in honor of your student that is unique to your family. The following is a general timeline on how parents can make a long-term impact starting today.
Introduction to Parent Philanthropy and initial gift to the Capstone Family Fund, which supports various programs within the Division of Student Life.
Sophomore and Junior Years
Work with Parent Philanthropy to deepen relationships with on-campus partners and target your support to particular projects, priorities or initiatives.
Make your signature gift with a powerful investment to celebrate your student’s UA experience. Create a long-term philanthropic plan involving your student.
Start Your Family’s Legacy Today
The Capstone Family Fund is one of the initial ways in which parents can impact campus initiatives and student success. Contributions to the Capstone Family Fund play a critical role supporting a number of programs and scholarships that are targeted at enhancing student experiences, including:
- TideWatch – an academic mentoring program for students with a 2.0 GPA or below in their first semester to increase retention
- Beyond Bama: Alternative Breaks – organized service and leadership trips across the globe for UA students during fall, winter and spring breaks
- Believe UA – an undergraduate mentorship program focused on personal development and goal-setting
- The Bridge Program – a 3-day, 2-night program for first-year undergraduate men of color to empower them with connections and resources on campus
- Rising Tide Tailgate Events – an alcohol-free tailgate on the Quad before each home game